EV near Sync
Protect critical Enterprise Vault data for less
EV near Sync can protect your critical EV data without the cost or complexity of highly available (HA) storage solutions. HA solutions are an effective option, but storage protection in this environment can be difficult, complicated and expensive. EV near Sync is an Enterprise Vault replication tool that can solve this problem using your choice of UNC addressable storage.
EV uses Microsoft and Veritas clustering technologies to address failover of a server. The biggest drawback of this approach is the need to keep a reliable copy of all archived data in a secondary disaster recovery location, and recover that data when required. EV near Sync from Quadrotech overcomes this problem. As an EV replication tool, it manages the process of creating a reliable second copy of each archived item, eliminating the need for Enterprise Vault archiving storage backups, and simplifying the continuity and recovery process. Users are able to connect to the secondary copy in seconds, instead of waiting hours for backups to be restored.
- Recovery Point Objective (RPO: maximum allowed data loss): zero
- Recovery Time Objective (RTO: time to restore after disaster): seconds
- Provides a backup free scenario (if replicated to secondary data center)
- Integrates transparently with EV
- Replicate Vault Store partitions (CIFS)
- Replicate index volumes
- Replicate Microsoft SQL Database dumps
- Replicate any LUN or UNC Path to any LUN or UNC Path
- Live statistics
- Assures consistency of your data with MD5 or SHA256 hashes
- Built-in failover procedure (automatic or manual)
- Initial replication for closed and open Vault Store partitions
- Advanced reporting
- Email alerting
EV near Sync for Azure
EV near Sync Azure edition allows you to use real-time to replicate your Veritas Enterprise Vault data to Microsoft Azure, ensuring you can meet a 0-second Recovery Point Objective (RPO).
- Expect and attain a zero second Recovery Point Objective
- Quickly and easily meet your disaster recovery plan for Enterprise Vault
- Simple to setup, deployed in less than 30 minutes
- Add real-time replication to the Cloud without any changes to your existing infrastructure
- Maintain availability with a 360-degree replica of your archive
- One-step migration from the Azure Cloud to Office 365 in the event a later migration is required
- EV near Sync license is provided free of charge
EV Storage Migrator
Changing your EV storage platform
During the lifecycle of your Enterprise Vault (EV) implementation the underlying storage platform may change. Storage products may be swapped out, they may reach end-of-life, or be replaced as part of an overall IT infrastructure review.
EV Storage Migrator allows these changes to be made simply and easily and without disruption to the organization. EV Storage Migrator is designed to migrate from EV to EV, and is ideal when the full functionality of solutions like Archive Shuttle are not required. EV storage migration is easy to use, with extensive workflows to automate the extraction and ingestion data while eliminating risk though backups and data integrity checks throughout the process. Huge volumes of data can be transferred and managed, while users enjoy uninterrupted and seamless access to their data.
Quadrotech EV Storage Migrator and archive migration tools move mail and journal archives (preserving envelope data) from one EV store to another.
EV Storage Migrator is built around a coordinated peer-to-peer architecture, where a core server is responsible for coordinating the workflow between agents that do the heavy lifting. This enables a scalable, multi-threaded approach where the core never becomes a bottleneck and peer agents can be spun up according to the workload.
EV Storage Migrator includes:
- Sync ’n’ Switch – Synchronize content in the background then switch the users to and migrate within minutes.
- Automated two-step process either via network or transportable media – Migrate to offline media (to unload WAN) and migrate the ‘difference’ online or use pure on- or offline migration.
- Migrates across EV stores within a single site – Designed for single site storage migrations.
- Retention category mapping – EV Storage Migrator has the ability to map retention categories between sites. This allows you for example to merge retention categories.
- Logging and audit – Full logging and reporting is provided during the export and import process.
- Correct location of shortcuts – Update shortcuts in Outlook to address the correct location of archived email.
Unlike Archive Shuttle, user reorganization and selective filtering is not included in EV Storage Migrator, and there is a single Vault site limit. Need a solution that’s more advanced? Find out more about Archive Shuttle here.