What is Autopilot?
Autopilot is a sophisticated management solution to streamline Office 365 administration. It is a SaaS application that brings the familiar ideas of hierarchical on-premises Active Directory Organizational Units and Group Policy Objects to an Office 365 tenant. Autopilot can be used to maintain compliance, complete administrative tasks, and delegate control of Office 365 to other users in an organization, with enhanced security and flexibility.
- Reduce the administrative burden of managing an Office 365 tenant by assigning roles and responsibilities to selected users such as Helpdesk operators, country level administrators, or even to end users.
- Relieve Tenant Global Administrators of the need to perform day-to-day operations, and can dedicate themselves to more important responsibilities, like managing change within the tenant or rolling out a new application.
- Keep users compliant automatically. Simply create and apply a Configuration Policy to each Organizational Unit. These policies then work to ensure all the users, groups and other AD objects are compliant against the baseline that you have specified for that particular group.
What’s the problem with the standard Office 365 Administration tools?
When organizations move from on-premises servers to Office 365, they lose some flexibility in user management. Features like role based access, delegation of administrative permissions, and automated configuration management are missing from the standard Office 365 toolkit. Autopilot gives Office 365 Administrators a way to delegate administration permissions to any user in an organization, easily and safely.
How does Autopilot work?
- Autopilot runs on the Microsoft Azure platform and acts as an abstraction layer, or proxy, between Office 365 Administrators and the Office 365 platform.
- Users initiate management actions within Autopilot , and our policy engine determines if the user has the correct permissions to perform that action on the target user.
- Bulk actions can be applied to a set of users or to an entire Organizational Unit, allowing sweeping changes to be made at the click of a button without relying on complex PowerShell scripts.
- Actions can also be applied automatically via a Configuration Policy which keeps all the users, groups and other AD objects correctly configured against the baseline that you have specified for that group of users.
- Autopilot captures details of every action and event in its audit log so you can see exactly who made each change and when.
Setup is simple. As a SaaS application, you can get up and running with Autopilot in minutes. All you need to do is log in with an Office 365 Global Administrator account and Autopilot will instantly create your account and link with your organization.
Autopilot: User friendly dashboard which allows an administrator to quickly manage their AD objects both in the cloud and on premises.
- Logical grouping of resources into Organizational Units
- Role Based Access Control
- Delegated Administration
- Ensure compliance of Office 365 settings with Configuration Policies
- Reduce risk by implementing a “Least-Privilege Administrative Model”
- Enhance end user satisfaction by unlocking self-service administration, or allowing a user’s manager to perform certain tasks.
Why should you choose Autopilot?
- Automatically ensure compliance with internal and industry policies using Autopilot’s Configuration Policies
- Reduce risk by enabling a granular “Least-Privilege Administrative Model” approach to Office 365 Administrators
- Improve the quality and speed of end user support by allowing a user’s manager or the help desk to perform Office 365 administration tasks in a powerful console that’s easy to use.
Want to find out more? You can request a demo here, or get more details about Autopilot here.