The Business Case for Better Office 365 Reporting
You’ve invested staff time, IT resources, and budget in migrating to Office 365, and you’re over the initial hurdle, but what’s next?
In order to measure and communicate the success of a migration, and ensure delivery of the expected benefits (such as cost-savings, increased productivity and user mobility), you need to be able to manage your environment and measure the return on investment on an ongoing basis.
To do this, you need information that’s not readily or quickly accessible in Office 365:
- Native reporting functionality in the Office 365 platform is improving, but it’s still too limited to meet the needs of most organizations in terms of access, export and customization.
- PowerShell can be used by an admin to extract the data, but it’s time-consuming. One report could easily take an admin half a day, and you can’t get historical data to view the results in context.
Radar Reporting is a cost-effective, secure software-as-a-service application that provides high quality, customizable, automated reporting and analytics.
It gives you the information you need to more effectively manage security, drive adoption and optimize licensing – much like an insurance policy for your Office 365 investment.
At an average price of less than 2% of your total Office 365 licence spend, your subscription could pay for itself in just 14 days by equipping your team with the data they need to streamline operations and save IT staff time.
Radar Reporting helps you to answer questions like:
- How much of your monthly Office 365 licence fee is spent on unused licences
- How much of this licence spend is being wasted on unused services that your users don’t use or need?
- Which users need a cheaper licence assigned, or training to increase service adoption?
With this, you can identify specific opportunities to optimize licence spend, reallocate licences based on usage, and equip your team with accurate information on licence requirements so you can negotiate contracts with Microsoft more effectively.
Due Diligence on Radar Reporting: The Data We Collect
Radar Reporting is a web application that collects data from Microsoft about your Office 365 tenant every 24 hours, storing the data historically for as long as you continuously subscribe.
- It uses a service account with the minimum permissions required so it cannot make changes to your Office 365 environment. Quadrotech cannot access the content of your users’ emails or inboxes.
- Quadrotech collects user data including names, email addresses, job titles, departments and phone numbers (if these are populated in Azure Active Directory).
- With data on usage, licensing, configuration and security settings you can see how Office 365 services are being used to optimize licensing, reduce spend, drive service adoption, identify security risks and measure ROI.
- It takes less than 5 minutes to create an account using admin credentials. Once the sign up is complete our systems perform the initial data collection, which can take between 1 and 24 hours depending on the size of your tenant. We’ll notify you when your reports are ready.
- The application is simple to use and manage. There’s a comprehensive support center, in-app support information, and help-desk support all included in your subscription cost.
- The application is cloud-based, so your users can access it through a browser. This means no installation time, and no additional work to manage versions and updates. New features, reports and updates are available automatically when you next log in.
- We offer complimentary on-boarding sessions to help you get started, and training sessions so your users get the most out of the tool.
- Radar Reporting uses a service account with the minimum permissions required to collect data, so it cannot make changes to your environment.
- We support single sign-on, enabling your users to log into their Radar Reporting account using their Office 365 (Windows Azure Active Directory) username and password.
- Account administrators can set user permissions down to report level to control the access users have when they log in, so they can only see the information they need.
- Two-factor authentication is available, providing an extra layer of security.
- Radar Reporting is hosted on AWS, offering data hosting in the United States (by default) or European Union (for some subscription types).
- We offer military-grade (AES256) data encryption and an encrypted SSL channel so your data remains protected in transmission and at rest.
- Customer data is logically separated in our back end databases and is only accessible by senior Radar Reporting Administrators.
- User account passwords are securely encrypted and stored in Quadrotech’s database.
- An average price of less than 2% of your total Office 365 licence spend, your subscription could pay for itself in just 14 days.
- Subscription costs are based on the number of licensed users on your Office 365 tenant, on a subscription basis with a minimum 12 month term.
- Email support is included in the subscription fee, so there are no hidden costs.
- There is no limit to the number of users who can access the application, so admins can create an unlimited number of user accounts.
- You can create user accounts with access to only the specific report a user needs so staff in finance, project managers, security and compliance officers and many others can get the data they need without compromising data security.