Setting up SharePoint reporting for Cogmotive Office 365 Reports
This article will explain the process you will need to follow in order to setup SharePoint reporting for Cogmotive Office 365 Reports. The process will take you through granting the existing Cogmotive service account permissions to read SharePoint data and setting up the Site Collection reports with the Cogmotive application.
A prerequisite for SharePoint reports is that you will need to be an existing user of Cogmotive Office 365 reports. Please visit our home page to sign up for a free if you currently do not subscribe.
Granting access to the Cogmotive Reports Service Account
1. Log into the Office 365 Portal
2. In the navigation pane on the left select Admin > SharePoint
3. Select the Site-Collection that you would like to add into Cogmotive Office 365 Reports and choose Owners > Manage Administrators
4. Under ‘Site Collection Administrators’ type in the name of the Cogmotive Reports service account you used when you initially sign up for Cogmotive Office 365 Reports.
N.B. If when you signed up you chose ‘Automatic Signup’ then the service account will be called ‘CogmotiveReports’
Adding in your Site Collection
1. Log into Cogmotive Office 365 Reports
2. Under ‘Profile & Settings’, select ‘SharePoint Report’
3. Enter the URL of the Site Collection you granted access to and click ‘Add Site Collection’
4. The Site Collection will show as ‘Pending’. When the initial collection has finished this will show a status as ‘Completed’