Release Announcement: A Look at Archive Shuttle 9.6
Archive Shuttle 9.6
I’m excited to announce the availability of Archive Shuttle 9.6. Archive Shuttle is our email archive migration solution that quickly and securely migrates data to Office 365 or other archiving systems with precision and ease.
At Quadrotech, we believe that to continue to thrive, you need to look forward and anticipate what’s coming. You need to spend a lot of time looking inward to identify missed opportunities and areas to improve. And, you need to look back, so you can see if you’re doing the best you can and make sure results match your expectations. You can see these beliefs woven into our work on Archive Shuttle 9.6.
Changes are constant—technology advances, new regulatory requirements, industry changes, and more. By looking forward, we can plan for these changes and make enhancements to our solution that will benefit our customers for years to come. As a result, we added these enhancements in the latest version of Archive Shuttle:
- Since Microsoft is deprecating traditional/basic authentication for EWS next year, we added support for OAuth/modern authentication for modules that use EWS.
- Foundations were laid by:
- Redesigning the Native Format Import (NFI) processing model for later implementation.
- Doing preparatory work for future support of a new source.
The closer we are to anything, the more we can influence it. We spend hours working with internal teams and partners to closely examine what we are doing, how we are doing it, and if it can be done better. Thriving is not just about “getting it done” it’s about doing it the best you can. To continue to thrive in the archive migration space, we made these enhancements:
How Archive Shuttle updates the database was improved.
Additionally, related to Journal Explosion:
- Performance of the process for getting items to ingest was enhanced.
- Two new PowerShell commands are available to support finalization of JE leavers.
- Journal Explosion now handles users whose primarySMTPaddress was changed during ingestion process.
- For Journal Explosion to PST migrations, mapping ownerless users to an original smtp address is now supported.
- The Time to expire inactive items setting can now be disabled by entering 0.
- Leavers Management page actions performance was enhanced.
- Support was added for manual mapping to single target mailbox.
As a long-time believer of the “trust, but verify” mantra, I believe there’s value in checking our work. And, it’s important to our customers. That’s why we added these enhancements to Archive Shuttle 9.6:
- After an export to PST has finished, PST files are now verified before they’re moved.
- Optimized the triggering and execution of retrying of failed items for performance and ease.
For a full report of what’s new in Archive Shuttle 9.6, check out the release notes.