Microsoft Ignite 2018: That’s A Wrap!
After an incredible week meeting thousands of like-minded business leaders and IT professionals, we’re pretty exhausted.
That’s why we’re going to sit back and let the medium of moving pictures do the talking.
Here’s our final video update of Microsoft Ignite 2018:
MS Ignite 2018 Announcements
We’ve been tracking Microsoft’s big announcements in this blog series, and you can read our daily summaries by clicking the links below:
- Microsoft Ignite 2018: What Happened on Day 1?
- Microsoft Ignite 2018: What Happened on Day 2?
- Microsoft Ignite 2018: What Happened on Day 3?
Here’s a quick rundown of other revelations from the week:
- Live and on-demand video events: New tools will allow users to create and stream live video content in Teams, Yammer and Microsoft Stream, enabling organizations to hold webinars and external meetings with customers. Recordings will automatically be available after the event.
- Ideas in Office: A new feature that promises to make intelligent suggestions as you create documents, i.e. recommending designs and layouts in PowerPoint, and highlighting outlier data in Excel. If it works as hoped, this could really improve day-to-day activities for O365 users.
- LinkedIn integration with Outlook and Office apps: Upon connecting your Office 365 account with LinkedIn, you’ll be able to co-author documents with people from within your LinkedIn network – a great leap for external collaboration projects. You’ll also be able to email them directly from Outlook, and see LinkedIn bios in meeting invites.
- Microsoft 365 admin center: A new, integrated admin center is now live for all Microsoft 365 and Office 365 administrators. More information available here.
While the new admin center promises to simplify the admin experience, if you want truly insightful analytics and security, we highly recommend our Office 365 reporting tools!
Microsoft Ignite 2018 was the best yet, and we look forward to continuing the conversations we started.
If you’d like to learn more about our data migration services please browse our site and get in touch.
You can also request a free trial of our reporting tools. No payment information is required; simply enter your Office 365 Global Administrator details, connect your account, and away you go – automate over 100 reports to get full visibility into user activity, helping you stay safe and achieve license optimization.
Request your two-week FREE trial here.