Some examples of our work:
Public Folder Cleanup Tool
A customer is using Enterprise Vault for Mailbox Archiving. Archived items are replaced by shortcuts in the users Mailbox. As the company has many business processes based on public folders, users have to copy emails into the public folder structure.
Whenever a user moves a shortcut into a public folder, other users get an access denied error when trying to open the shortcut as the shortcut is pointing to the personal archive of the user that copied the shortcut.
We have developed an application that detects the “foreign” shortcuts in the public folders. The original item will be downloaded using the EV API and it will replace the respective shortcut in the public folder.
Automatic handling of company leavers in Symantec Enterprise Vault
A customer has 12’500 employees and there is a certain personnel fluctuation with employees leaving and being hired regularly. Enterprise Vault supports the automatic provisioning of new mailboxes, but lacks a process for automated handling of the “leavers”.
Up to now, a manual process has to be used, for example:
- Move the user to a OU called “Former Employees”
- Wait for EV Provisioning Task to run and attach “archive everything after 0 days” policy
- Archive User Mailbox
- Disable User in Enterprise Vault on the day they leave
- Disable Account in AD
- Disable Mailbox in AD
- Mailbox gets deleted after 30 days
We have developed an application that automates the required processes for leavers in EnterpriseVault.
After implementation, the process is as follows:
- Only manual step: Move User in OU “Former Employees”
- The AD Account gets disabled automatically
- A zero-day archiving policy is attached to the mailbox
- The mailbox will be archived by EV
- The Mailbox gets disabled on Exchange
- The Mailbox gets deleted after 30 days
- The Archive will be converted after 30 days to a shared archive.