A little more than a hundred years ago, the Wright brothers solved the technical problem of flying. The plane they constructed was only designed to carry a very small load over a very short distance – the reliability was appalling.
A modern aircraft hardly reminds its pilots of the early days of air traffic. It is designed to enable flying as a business process for airline companies around the world. It takes complexity out of the process, provides safety warnings and allows the pilots to concentrate on what really matters.
Now you can imagine why we called our PST Migration System “PST FlightDeck”.
At a Glance
As much as a modern pilot needs to focus on the relevant issues, an administrator in a large enterprise must be able to complete various tasks in a very limited time frame. Therefore PST FlightDeck gives you complete control over the PST’s in your environment.
Just like a pilot you can control all relevant functions from a sophisticated dashboard.
- All user communication and training is automated
- Reports highlight the current project status
- Server and network bandwidth limits can be set to optimize migration performance
- An optional end-user “buy-in” to corporate policies can be enforced
- PST files are “preflight” checked for problems before they are ingested
- PST Content can be filtered (e.g. for Age)
- Deduplication of PST Subsets (Copies…) per user
- Proper Shortcut Handling if EV Shortcuts are found in PST’s
- Ingestion into EnterpriseVault or Exchange 2010 Archiving Mailbox
Flightdeck is centered on its CORE which controls the master schedule as well as containing the business logic. The following modules will be used: CORE, PostProcess Engines, SQL instance, Exchange Ingest module, BITS file share, Admin interface and an User interface if desired.
Read more about the Backend Processing here